PAGEVIEWS

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Pink Blouse that "ALMOST" Got Away






I was not so sure about believing in DESTINY...until that moment just hours before the year unfolded.  Some things are just meant to be yours and somehow, the universe conspires to make IT happen for you.  Funny how the webbed complexities of our lives would just become wild weeds on our sidewalks when we finally get "THERE".

I did my Post-Christmas shopping on New Year's Eve.  Pretending like it was not something that could bother me a bit, I was running out of thoughts on what to give to my girls.  While they were ogling around the Department Store for something to grab, I found my way to some boutiques...thinking maybe I'd find my rescue there.  True enough, when I entered this certain shop, this Pink lil blouse caught my sight.  I thought I floated swiftly towards that blouse when I, suddenly, felt its soft and coarse texture against my palm. Fearing for my life, I grabbed it to my chest, not wanting any of those bouncy High Schoolers take it.  No Way! Not a chance! Not...my precious.  I don't know why I felt so attached to that cheesy-colored stretchy stuff.  I can't even imagine myself getting caught dead wearing it.  And then I remembered my sister, Mary Joy.  I heard myself say "This is her blouse...."  And off I went to the Cashier Area.  Then I heard my phone rang.  It was my other sister, Whitney, telling me, no..., ordering me to get to them ASAP.  I saw the long line of giggling girls and realized I was 14th in line.  This definitely is not my day, I thought.  I walked towards a corner and mournfully laid down the blouse and dug it deep below other blouses...hoping that no one will ever be able to get hold of it.  "I will find you!" I silently screamed out...and ran to my sisters.

There they were with some handful of items for my brothers and parents.  I was pleased by what they've grabbed.  I saw Mary Joy and remembered that blouse.  I frowned at the thought that maybe someone already paid for it by that time.  I told them to just choose whatever they want and they giddily looked around.  Not long after that, I saw Mary Joy, walking fast towards me carrying what seemed to look like 'that' blouse's twin!  It indeed looked so much like it but it wasn't 'it'.  It was of the same style, of lesser quality and price...but the coincidence was quite startling...if not downright funny!  She seemed to like it so we headed to pay for them all.  As we almost got to the cashier, I saw Mary Joy twisting her head towards something that Whitney was pointing to ...and ran to where her eyes was just staring at.  She was heading to the more sophisticated section of the Dept Store and I saw her take down a familiar looking blouse from a display rack.  It was the very "same" blouse.  Same Brand, same color, same size, same price.... The blouse for Mary Joy!  I just shook my head in disbelief.  I heard myself sounded like a walky-talky after I was literally tongue-tied trying to tell them the "funny story" behind the blouse.

I went out of the mall with a renewed faith on fate.  I was reminded of a gift we were all given.  A gift in foreknowing the things that will be best for us.  A gift in small packages, so discreet sometimes, that we tend to not feel nor see their signs.  But, in all the failed chances in getting what we deserve...or what we are meant to have...the hope that there will always be that day, that "moment" when it perfectly feels right to have it...to OWN it, because regardless of when, where and even for how long,  the fact remains that it's always YOURS in the first place.

4 comments:

  1. amazing isn't it? life is indeed full of surprises :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sana ganyan din yung gusto kong guy ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading guys....

    @totomai: Amazing indeed!

    @kay: Ikaw pa...your life isn't gonna be so Kulayful right now for nothing. Dadating din yan..or shall I say, babalik din sya...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow... amazing indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete